Update in the use of nets at Selsey Cricket Club.
Information from the Chairman on the use of Nets at Selsey Cricket Club.
The clubs nets can now be used, under strict guidelines.
They can be booked through Tom Cripps ,club facilitator for running the nets.
His number is 07787429495
Only 2 people can use the facility at an one time, and rules on social distancing must be observed .
The club house will not be open at this time.
1. You can exercise outdoors on your own, with members of your household or with one other person from outside your household while keeping two metres apart at all times.
You must only exercise in groups of no more than two people, unless you are exercising exclusively with members of your household.
2. Social distancing of at least two metres must be maintained at all times (unless all participants are members of the same household).
3. Only 2 people in the net in one booking period
4. Only one-to-one coaching is permitted per session.
5. Club House will be closed, No indoor activity at all.
6. Players are to provide their own equipment.
There is to be no sharing of equipment
7. No saliva or sweat should come into contact with the ball at any time.
8. Wash hands at home before and after using the outdoor facilities. Bring your own hand sanitizer.
9. Any areas of nets that are touched to gain access and secure facility ,ie padlock, gate, should be disinfected/wiped down after use .
10. The facilitator will be the nominated person to take bookings, control use of nets and periods of use and must always be present when in use.
If this is not possible the facilitator will arrange a substitute/responsible person from the committee to control the nets safely.
11. The facilitator will send a text to nominated committee members , A Horner, Nick Nolan and Ian Stocks confirming date of use ,time and numbers prior to the facility being used.
12. Sessions should be 30mins in length and 15 mins between each session to allow for changeover and cleaning
13. Only the netting facility is to be used by the club house
All activity should be consistent with the Government guidance regarding health, social distancing and hygiene.
Important information from the Committee regarding the future of the 2020 season, please everyone share this, Thanks.
The Chairman and committee of Selsey Cricket Club, has asked me to send out the following information about the 2020 season.
First of all along with Government regulations, there will be no cricket or training until further notice, the club bar will of course not open until allowed hopefully later in the Season.
The Sir Patrick Moore match on the 10th of May is unlikely to go ahead, but the club will make a decision as soon as regulations becomes clearer, if it does go ahead this year it will be without food, stalls, rides etc, so not the normal family day out as usual.
Later in August the Beer & Rounders and Family day is still scheduled to go ahead, as planned, but we will keep you updated regularly.
Unfortunately the committee will have to make a lot of difficult decisions, whilst keeping to government, ECB and a league guidelines.
If any members or supporters think they can help in anyway please let us know, as our income will be zero and without the bigger earning days, donations will be gratefully received as we still have substantial overheads.
Message from Sussex Cricket and link to ECB statement.
Following the note from the ECB (found here https://ecb-comms.co.uk/t/1FT6-6SKA2-2E2203387/cr.aspx) outlining that in the immediate short term future all community cricket sessions including training and pre-season friendlies should be postponed, we wanted to update you as to what this means in Sussex.
Based on the advice from the ECB, Chance to Shine, Lord’s Taverners alongside the Government we have taken the decision to suspend all delivery of the Sussex Cricket Foundation. While this decision has not been taken lightly, we must work to reduce the risk and impact of coronavirus of our participants, staff and the wider community.
During this time of uncertainty, the Sussex Cricket Foundation team are all on hand to support local cricket and communities as best we can.
We remain firmly of the belief that cricket plays a key role in supporting the nation during this tough time.
Message from the Chairman of Selsey Cricket Club.
These are really strange times, as a committee we have now agreed to follow the ECB guidelines, playing cricket will cease and the club will be closed until such times as it will be appropriate to open.
Please keep in touch ,support each other and our love ones ,we all need to stand together and have a common sense approach to the virus, keep fit.
We will update as information becomes available.
If anyone has any concerns please feel free to contact the committee.
Andy Horner Selsey CC Chairman on behalf of Selsey CC Committee
Please keep your eye on our Website selseycc.co.uk for updates and of course our Facebook Page.
Selsey Cricket Club.